- Title: President
- Job Description: Check writer
- Birthplace: Woodstock
- Age: Over the hill
- Education: Institute for Advanced Kazoo
- Interests: Extreme gardening
- Role Model: David Crosby
- Music Interests: Any of the Garage Band demo projects
- Likes: Organic soil, pole-vaulting
- Dislikes: Maracas & Chad's Haircut
Often referred to as "the most-heard, least-known composer in America," Stephen made a name for himself as an early leader in Sonic Branding – blending original music compositions with unique tones and sounds to create distinct auditory signatures or logos. He has led his handpicked team in the creation of numerous award-winning musical compositions for high-profile clients, including CNN, ABC News, CBS, The Weather Channel, CNN Headline News, National Geographic Channel, FOX, HBO, Time-Warner, Golf Channel, ESPN, as well as major advertisers like McDonald’s, Honda, Pizza Hut, Hershey and Kodak. Most recently, he has created sonic brands for many international clients, including Al Jazeera, Kuwait TV, India TV, TRK Ukraine, GSP Romania, Info TV (Slovenia), and Azteca TV (Mexico). When asked about his strong point, he points to the SAM team: “These people are the strength behind the sound and service we provide.
- Title: VP/Creative Director
- Job Description: All things artsy-fartsy
- Birthplace: Killiecrankie, Tasmania
- Age: Considerably, working for SAM
- Education: Toni & Guy Academy
- Interests: Vidal Sassoon Haircuts
- Role Model: Eartha Kitt
- Music Interests: Pigmy Yodeling
- Likes: Susan Lucci shampoo
- Dislikes: Houses with wheels
As a founding member of Stephen Arnold Music, Cook has blended his innovative creative spirit, lifelong passion for music, and outstanding client service into a successful 30 year career. As the key creative driver for the company's landmark approach to Sonic Branding and original music creation, Cook has produced more than 300 audio and sound design projects for television stations and networks including ABC, CBS Sports, CNN, ESPN, Comcast, HBO, AXSTV, Fox Business, Golf Channel, The Weather Channel, and such international outlets as Al Jazeera, Alhurra, Al Watan, CCTV/CGTN China, GSP Romania, TV Azteca, and HBO Asia.
- Title: Everything 'Vault'
- Job Description: Putting the ship into the bottle
- Birthplace: Farallon Islands
- Age: At least 12
- Education: St. Mary's Butterfly School of Design
- Interests: Carpet sharks, wobbegongs, and chumming
- Role Model: Ryan Seacrest and Gary Coleman
- Music Interests: Fiddle singing and Indian tabla loops
- Likes: Collecting drinking straws and removing the limes from empty Corona bottles
- Dislikes: Loosing his pet rock on a gravel road and photocopies of himself
Having first worked for SAM at age 16 as a runner and studio assistant, Arnold subsequently gained valuable experience in the live entertainment industry touring Europe as a Sound Engineer with artists such as Adele, Stevie Wonder, BB King, Kanye West and Mark Ronson. Whitney is the creative force and manager of SAM’s outstanding and robust production music library, The Vault. Through creative partnerships and meticulous curation, he has grown The Vault into one of the largest and most cutting-edge musical catalogs in the world.
- Title: Director of Licensing
- Job Description: Getting you to buy things
- Birthplace: Underland
- Age: Only slightly older than Soundgarden
- Education: Mallard Fillmore College of Fluid Dynamics
- Interests: Typing without an 'e'
- Role Model: Matthew Henson ... or was it Jim?
- Music Interests: Capriccio Chamber Music
- Likes: A capella instrumentals
- Dislikes: Hurdy gurdies
Noelle Daming Alanis has been in her current position for Stephen Arnold Music since the summer of 2010. Prior to SAM, she worked in TV sales at KXAS-TV, Dallas, TX; WXIN-TV/WTTV-TV, Indianapolis, IN and WFXT-TV Boston, MA. She’s a proud Butler University Bulldog and lives in Indianapolis, IN with her son Aitor. She enjoys Mario-Kart & all Mario-centric video games (see Aitor, age 7) as well as traveling, music, making breakfast, dancing, & drinks on patios.
- Title: Director of Licensing
- Job Description: Looking Busy
- Birthplace: Dublin… Kentucky
- Age: A lady never tells
- Education: Oklahoma Catfish Noodling Academy
- Interests: Hunting with a Blindfold
- Role Model: Ellen DeGeneres
- Music Interests: Bro-Country
- Likes: Playing with fire & clog dancing
- Dislikes: Large Pickles
Michael Finnegan has been the Director of Licensing at Stephen Arnold Music since 2004. Prior to his current position at SAM, Michael worked in sports marketing, and oversaw sales/sponsorships for a company that in 2003 aired the first annual “Borderbowl,” the first high school football game broadcast on national television. It still airs every fall on Fox Sports Network. He lives in Frisco, TX with his wife Melanie and their three children, Sarah, Patrick and Emma. Michael enjoys the outdoors and spends his time away from the studio fishing, and/or losing to his wife and three kids on the tennis court.
Sol Marghzar, AuD, CCCA
- Title: Director of Audiology
- Job Description: Making a bee-line into your brain
- Birthplace: A galaxy far, far away
- Age: It’s all relative. Ask Einstein.
- Education: More than any human will ever need
- Interests: Tardigrade behavior patterns
- Role Model: Andrés Segovia
- Music Interests: 80's era MTV
- Likes: Chocolate covered ear worms
- Dislikes: Q-tips
Sol Marghzar, Au.D, CCCA, certified by the American Board of Audiology, is the clinical director of “The Hearing Doctor” clinic in Los Angeles, CA. An audiologist since 1993, Dr. Marghzar is a pre-eminent authority on the physiology and the effects of music on humans. He has studied extensively about how various elements and components of music, such as pitch, tone, volume and rhythm, specifically elicit differing emotions and responses. Dr. Marghzar recently joined Stephen Arnold Music as an ongoing consultant in the fields of audiology and musicology.
Dr. Marghzar was invited by the American Academy of Audiology to help develop “Guidelines for Evaluation & Management of Tinnitus,” published in 2001. He has evaluated and treated more than 40,000 patients since 1997. His special interest in treatment of tinnitus and hyperacusis led him to train with Dr. Pawel Jastreboff at the University of Maryland in 1997, and he has been treating patients with Misophonia since 2005. As an expert in legal cases, Dr. Marghzar has testified in numerous courtroom and arbitration proceedings.
Having been interested in guitar since the age of 12, he is now an accomplished Flamenco guitarist. Dr. Marghzar has been playing and singing with a fusion/Flamenco group for more than 15 years and currently performs at a variety of venues in the Los Angeles area. His musical background gives him a distinct advantage as an audiologist, affording him unique insights into the strategy and development of sonic brands.
- Title: Marketing and Creative Director
- Job Description: Bridging the gap
- Birthplace: The beaten path
- Age: Younger every day
- Education: Would-be Warriors Gladiator School
- Interests: Alien space mummies
- Role Model: The World Leader in Sonic Branding
- Music Interests: Kaja Goo Goo
- Likes: Remote controls and stink bombs
- Dislikes: TSA full body searches
Dave Baumann is currently Marketing and Creative Director for Stephen Arnold Music. He was previously head of marketing for WXYZ-TV, Detroit, MI; KSTP-TV, Mpls./St.Paul, MN; and KIRO-TV, Seattle, WA, and was Art Director for KTCA-TV, Mpls./St. Paul, MN. He has served on the affiliate boards for both CBS and ABC (chairman), and has won numerous local Emmy awards, as well as PROMAX and BDA awards. He lives in Traverse City, MI with his wife Pam and their dog Piper, and enjoys sailing, boating, biking, golf, skiing, snowshoeing, local theater, playing guitar and singing.
- Title: Chief Engineer, Senior Button Pusher
- Job Description: Erasing all the good takes
- Birthplace: Phone Booth, Abbey Road
- Age: 48K, 24Bit
- Education: Beale Street
- Interests: Open Wheel Armadillo Racing
- Role Model: The Blue Peanut M&M
- Music Interests: Anything with bagpipe, oboe & slap bass
- Likes: Doing Tequila shots with chipmunks
- Dislikes: Aardvark Drag Racing (NHRAa)
Few people understand the art of recording as well as Paul West. He has been SAM’s in-house engineer for 15 years, creatively crafting and organizing SAM’s myriad of sonic projects, while keeping the client’s needs in mind. Throughout his more than 30 years of experience, Paul has mastered the artistry and technology of music recording while reflecting the ever-changing eras of music technology and style. West has recorded, mixed and mastered everything from his native Memphis blues, to full orchestras, big band jazz, gospel choirs, indie rock bands and world percussion ensembles.
- Title: Creative Services
- Job Description: Pushing knobs & twiddling buttons
- Birthplace: Jot Em Down, TX
- Age: Younger than Clay
- Education: Euphonia University
- Interests: Iona Gaels Futbol
- Role Model: Zha Zha Gabor ... or was it Eva?
- Music Interests: Klangfarbenmelodie
- Likes: Enharmonic intervals
- Dislikes: The phrase 'WWJD'
As a native Venezuelan who has extensively traveled the world, Garcia brings critical international sensibilities to SAM’s creative process. His musical editing skills, and project organization and delivery prowess are critical to creating the “client first” environment at Stephen Arnold Music. In addition to his audio expertise, Garcia’s work in photography and video post-production makes him a powerful resource when adapting our music and sound effects for post-scoring and animation. He has won multiple awards for sound design. Garcia’s clients include AXSTV, Al Jazeera, CGTN, CNN, ESPN, Fox Business Network, NBC, Tennis Channel, TV Azteca and The Weather Channel.
- Job Description: Table scraps
- Birthplace: Dawson's Creek
- Age: x √a-bx
- Education: Ozark Choir College
- Interests: Back seat driving
- Role Model: Tom Landry
- Music Interests: Nickelback, Hall & Oates
- Likes: Parsley sage rosemary and thyme recipe
- Dislikes: Zombie Apocalypse
- Title: Creative Services
- Job Description: Run away and call the police
- Birthplace: Liechtenstein
- Age: I’m perfectly legal, are you?
- Education: Trembling Oaks University
- Interests: Collecting In-Flight Sick Bags
- Role Model: Bart Simpson
- Music Interests: Wizard Rock
- Likes: Eating Enchiladas from the Inside Out
- Dislikes: Box Wine and Lap Dogs
Noah Smith is a key member of our Creative Services Team at Stephen Arnold Music. Prior to his current role, Smith originally started as an intern for SAM 12 years ago that rocketed his career into the audio world. He also worked at Republic Editorial creating commercials as an assistant audio engineer. Music is central to Noah’s life, as well as sailing, golfing, traveling, and playing some sweet blues guitar.
- Title: Director of Business Affairs
- Job Description: Columns, Numbers
- Birthplace: Cat Island, Japan
- Age: Is just a number
- Education: Reynauds Culinary and Math Elysium
- Interests: Industrial paper shredders
- Role Model: Bernie Madoff
- Music Interests: DEVO
- Likes: Square pegs
- Dislikes: Round holes
As the Director of Business Affairs for Stephen Arnold Music, Jana manages all matters related to accounting, human resources, conference & event planning and office management. With more than 20 years of experience in accounting, as well as payroll and benefits management, Jana provides a strong financial and business foundation for SAM’s creative activities. Prior to working at SAM, she was a senior assistant controller for an outsourced accounting firm. When she’s not playing the role of “chief office honcho,” she is the proud mother of two successful, grown children and enjoys her time at home with her two pit bulls and two Siamese cats.
- Title: Accounting
- Job Description: Playing with numbers
- Birthplace: Schitt's Creek
- Age: If I tell you, I will have to kill you
- Education: Royal College of Hot Air Ballooning
- Interests: Flavored Water
- Role Model: Kanye West
- Music Interests: Pirate Metal
- Likes: Turkey Meatballs and Fig Newtons
- Dislikes: Onions and Ballroom Dancing
As our resident Bookkeeper and Sales Rep Assistant since 2018, Angie Constantine has played a key role in maintaining the business side of Stephen Arnold Music as a smooth-running and well-oiled machine. She also is an important part of upholding SAM’s “client-first” philosophy, which our customers deserve. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of Oklahoma, and Masters degree in Social Work with an emphasis in Grief Therapy. She plays soccer, runs, golfs occasionally, loves vacations, cooking, happy hours on the patio with friends and family, and generally keeping busy with her husband Jeff, their five kids and two dogs.
- Title: Marketing and Design Director
- Job Description: Coloring By Numbers
- Birthplace: Gotham City
- Age: Do past lives count?
- Education: Hogwarts
- Interests: Poison Ivy and Martinis
- Role Model: Queen Elizabeth
- Music Interests: Vegan Straight Edge
- Likes: Hysterical Laughter and Korean BBQ
- Dislikes: Plate Hangers
Concetta Halstead-Lord is an awarding-winning designer and creative director. Her wide-ranging love of design encompasses fine art, architecture, film, photography, food, and of course, graphic design. After graduating with honors from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, she began her career working for the legendary Saul Bass. It was here she honed her hallmark graphic approach to design and branding. She has worked on hundreds of projects for musical artists ranging from Frank Sinatra and Michael Jackson, to The Beatles and Tool, whose album, Aenima, was nominated for best Album Design and Packaging. An early adopter of new technologies, Concetta co-founded Go2 Productions, an interactive design agency that focused on the film and music industry. She has always pursued innovative ways to reach people through design, as well as help companies define themselves through marketing and branding.